Baby girl can safely come at any time now, and we are so ready for her! It’s so sweet to hear Andrew ask her to hurry up and get here. As pregnancy progresses (and I’ve really had a great pregnancy), I’ve come to see that there are good and bad things about being pregnant, especially the third trimester, and I thought that I would share them with you.
The good list:
- Getting to feel the baby move
- Not having to deal with a cranky baby
- Not having sore, cracked nipples from breastfeeding
- Being able to sleep, even if it is interrupted a few time to get up and use the bathroom
- It’s easier to care for her while she’s still inside… all I have to do is eat and sleep and she gets everything she needs!
- No dirty diapers
- I will never not have kids again.
The bad list:
- Nothing fits. Not even maternity clothes. So note to other first time pregnant mommas; buy a few things in the next size up for your last few weeks of pregnancy.
- Pooping is hard work!
- It’s really, really hot.
- You can’t go shopping (or anywhere) without someone saying “Whoa!”, “You look like you’re ready to pop!”, or “Do you have twins in there??”. I still am not sure why pregnant women or people with babies have a “Please talk to me, I would love to hear all of your opinions and share lots of details with you!” sign.
- Your feet are so swollen that they can barely fit in flip flops.
- You can’t fit in normal spaces.
- I’m ready to meet my daughter and see my husband as a daddy.
- Braxton-Hicks contractions and false labor.
The list is pretty equal in length right now, but I could definitely see the good list getting shorter by the day!