So. If the month ended today, we would be completely on target for our grocery budget 😉
However, the month ends in two weeks, so I’m not holding my breath.
At the beginning of the month, we had to buy dog food and a few other things: $29.34
Today I bought milk, two kashi frozen meals, chicken, sausage, ground beef, cornmeal, flour, sugar, ricotta cheese, cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese, a lime, a tomato, two cans of black beans, two bells peppers, tortillas, two jars of pasta sauce (BOGO), two cans of cooking spray (BOGO), eggs, cilantro, brown sugar, and basil for $74.53.
Okay, so even so, we would still be over $100… but close. Maybe we can make it for $200???
In addition to limiting my grocery shopping and couponing (which was a bust this week except for a $5 off $50 I had), I’m trying to meal plan. This is what it looks like so far:
- 10th-veggie and bean burritos (which were uber yummy)
- 11th-taboule (which we made today and are chilling overnight)
- 12th-chicken and rice
- 13th-baked ziti
- 15th-homemade pizza (Andrew is looking forward to this big time)
- 16th-undecided… maybe a veggie night with stuff from our Orlando Organics delivery
- 17th-Jambalaya for Megan and Jonathan 🙂
- 18th-Mac and cheese (I need to learn how to make this from scratch)
- 19-rice and beans
- 20th and 21st ????
- 22nd-French toast
For lunches we’re doing leftovers and PB&J, and for breakfast we have plenty of bagels and cereal.
We still have a long way to go… but hopefully we’ll get there without spending too much money 🙂
P.S. Thanks, Jennine, for feeding Andrew and I lunch and dinner 😉